University of Oregon, Clark Honors College, Eugene, OR
- B.A. in Journalism, June 2016
- Dean’s Scholar (all four years)
- Highest possible grade on Senior Honors Thesis (“Rock Music’s Crusade of Authenticity”)
French-American International School, San Francisco, CA
- International Baccalaureate Degree with Honors, 2012
- President’s Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement, 2012
- Freelancer for San Francisco website focusing on local news divided by neighborhood. Write about subjects relevant to the Richmond district and occasionally pitch ideas relevant to other neighborhoods such as Divisadero.
Eugene Weekly, 2016 – present
- Freelancer for Eugene alt-weekly. Pitch and write articles about the Eugene music scene, including short event previews and full-length features on local artists.
Pretty Much Amazing, 2016 – present
- Music reviewer for Metacritic-recognized arts and culture website at Pretty Much Amazing. Select new albums to review (many in pre-release stage); write 600 to 1,000-word reviews as well as shorter “Capsule” reviews; promote content on social media; contribute to feature articles and “best-of” listings.
Emerald Media, 2013 – 2016
- Associate editor and arts writer for Arts & Culture desk at main University of Oregon student newspaper and website, the Daily Emerald. Edit staff writers’ copy; set and enforce deadlines; train writers in interviewing and reporting skills; coordinate work of writers, photographers, videographers, designers, and webmasters; promote newspaper through social media. Also report on campus music events; review music on a weekly basis; write longer feature articles, including cover stories.
- Winner of multiple awards in the Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association’s 2016 Collegiate Newspaper Contest, including 1st place for “Best Reviewer” and runner-up for “Best Feature Story.”
Spectrum Culture, 2015 – present
- Music reviewer for online arts and culture publication, Spectrum Culture. Write weekly reviews and promote content on social media.
KWVA 88.1 FM (Eugene), 2015 – present
- DJ for University of Oregon campus radio station. Host weekly radio show on Friday nights. Also promote station on social media, write for blog, review albums for programming rotation shelf, and serve as DJ at campus events.
San Francisco Magazine, Summer 2015
- Editorial intern for monthly Bay Area magazine. Fact-checked articles; reported on concerts and other cultural events; pitched & wrote articles for magazine’s website.
San Francisco Bay Guardian, Summer 2014
- Arts & entertainment intern for Bay Area alternative weekly. Previewed and reported on concerts; reviewed albums; wrote articles; attended editorial meetings.
The Oregon Voice, 2013
- Writer for student-run magazine at University of Oregon.
SF Rebirth 2010 – 2013
- Creator and sole proprietor of widely read blog (SF Rebirth) covering the all-ages music scene in the San Francisco Bay Area. Attended hundreds of all-ages shows featuring local artists and bands; wrote album reviews, concert reviews, band profiles and interviews; maintained very active Facebook page; developed and maintained relationships with local artists, club owners and promoters.
- Under the SF Rebirth banner, organized a series of three benefit rock concerts to raise funds for a school for Amerindian children in Guyana. Used connections in local music scene to sign up 3-4 bands per show and recruit volunteers for ticket sales, set up/break down, food and beverage sales, and security. Promoted concerts through Facebook and SF Rebirth website; acted as MC for all three events.
Boudin Bakery, Summers 2014 & 2015
- Food prep and food service at San Francisco sourdough institution, including at flagship location at Fisherman’s Wharf. Cleaned, prepared food, delivered food, bussed tables, handed out samples.
Children’s Creativity Museum, San Francisco, Summer 2013
- Education intern. Helped design and conduct activities for schoolchildren and their parents, including GarageBand music-production workshop.
Blue Bear School of Music, San Francisco, Summer 2011
- Keyboard instructor at band camp for 8-12-year-olds.
- Audio editing
- Videography + video editing
- Meeting deadlines
- Social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- French speaker
- Musician – performance (keyboards, vocals), digital music production, and organizing concerts
- Proficient in Logic Pro, Final Cut Pro, Word, Pages, Excel, Numbers, InDesign, WordPress, Camayak