San Francisco Jewish Community Publications, Inc.
- Full-time Editorial Assistant at “J” magazine covering Bay Area Jewish news and life. Compile calendar of events; write calendar entries, including featured-item blurbs; upload calendar entries with art using WordPress; compile and edit obituaries and other life-cycle notices such as births, b’nai mitzvah and weddings; obtain photos for website and edit them for web and print using PhotoShop; write articles; maintain ongoing relationships with content providers and members of local Jewish community.
Eugene Weekly (Eugene, OR)
Editorial Intern and Freelancer
- Editorial Intern and freelance writer for Eugene, OR weekly newspaper and website. Edited articles and proofread copy prior to publication. Pitched and wrote articles about the Eugene music scene, ranging from short previews to full-length feature stories and interviews with local artists.
Emerald Media (Eugene, OR)
2013 – 2016
- Associate Editor for Arts & Culture desk at main University of Oregon student newspaper and website. www.dailyemerald.com. Proofread and edited staff writers’ copy; set and enforced deadlines; trained writers in interviewing and reporting skills; coordinated work of writers, photographers, videographers, designers, and webmasters; promoted newspaper through social media. Reported on campus music events and Eugene music scene; reviewed music on a weekly basis; wrote numerous longer feature articles, including cover stories.
- Winner of multiple awards in the Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association’s 2016 Collegiate Newspaper Contest, including 1st place for “Best Review” and runner-up for “Best Feature Story.”
- Two-time winner (fall 2013, spring 2015) of “Best of the Desk” award recognizing exceptional contributions to the paper.
San Francisco Magazine
- Editorial Intern for monthly Bay Area lifestyle magazine. Fact-checked articles; reported on concerts and other cultural events; pitched & wrote articles for magazine’s website.
San Francisco Bay Guardian
Arts & Entertainment Intern
- Arts & Entertainment Intern for Bay Area alternative weekly. Previewed and reported on concerts and other events; reviewed albums; wrote articles; participated in editorial meetings.
OTHER MEDIA EXPERIENCE
- Freelance writer for website focusing on San Francisco news by neighborhood. Contribute articles focusing on the Richmond District.
2016 – present
- Music reviewer for Metacritic-recognized arts and culture website. Author of regular column focusing on trends and issues within the pop music world. Select new albums to review (many in pre-release stage); write 600- to 1,000-word reviews as well as shorter “capsule” reviews; promote content on social media; contribute to feature articles and “best-of” listings.
2015 – present
- Music reviewer for online arts and culture publication. Write weekly reviews and promote content on social media.
KWVA 88.1 FM (Eugene, OR)
2015 – 2017
- Hosted weekly Friday night radio show for University of Oregon campus radio station. Promoted station on social media; wrote album reviews for station’s online blog; served as DJ at a variety of campus events.
Creator and Sole Proprietor
2010 – 2013
- Created and maintained widely read blog covering the all-ages music scene in the San Francisco Bay Area. Attended and reviewed hundreds of all-ages shows featuring local artists and bands; wrote album reviews, band profiles and interviews; maintained very active Facebook page; developed and maintained relationships with local artists, club owners and concert promoters.
- Under the SFRebirth banner, organized a series of three benefit rock concerts to raise money for a school for Amerindian children in Guyana. Used connections in local music scene to sign up 3-4 bands per show and recruit volunteers for ticket sales, set up/break down, food and beverage sales, and security. Promoted concerts through Facebook and SFRebirth website; acted as MC for all three events.
OTHER EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE
Boudin Bakery, San Francisco
Summers 2014 & 2015
- Food prep and food service at San Francisco sourdough institution, including at flagship location at Fisherman’s Wharf.
Children’s Creativity Museum, San Francisco
- Education Intern. Helped develop and conduct workshops for schoolchildren and their parents, including a GarageBand music-production workshop. Assisted Francophone visitors with instructions in French.
Blue Bear School of Music, San Francisco
- Keyboard instructor at band camp for 8-12-year-olds.
University of Oregon, Clark Honors College, Eugene, OR
- B.A. in Journalism, June 2016
- Dean’s Scholar (all four years)
- Highest possible grade on senior honors thesis
French-American International School, San Francisco, CA
- International Baccalaureate Degree with Honors, 2012
- President’s Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement, 2012
- Content development
- Meeting and enforcing deadlines
- Social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- French speaker
- Musician – performance (keyboards, vocals), digital music production, and organizing concerts
- Proficient in Word, Pages, PhotoShop, Camayak, PowerPoint, Excel, Numbers, WordPress, Logic Pro, Final Cut Pro