University of Oregon, Clark Honors College, Eugene, OR
- B.A. in Journalism, June 2016
- Dean’s Scholar (all four years)
- Highest possible grade on Senior Honors Thesis (“Rock Music’s Crusade of Authenticity”)
French-American International School, San Francisco, CA
- International Baccalaureate Degree with Honors, 2012
- President’s Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement, 2012
San Francisco Jewish Community Publications, 2017 – present
- Full-time Editorial Assistant at “J” magazine covering Bay Area Jewish news and life. Compile calendar of events; write calendar entries, including featured-item blurbs; upload calendar entries with art using WordPress; compile and edit obituaries and other life-cycle notices such as births, b’nai mitzvah and weddings; obtain photos for website and edit them for web and print using PhotoShop; write articles; maintain ongoing relationships with content providers and members of local Jewish community.
Eugene Weekly, 2016-2017
- Editorial Intern and freelance writer for Eugene, OR weekly newspaper and website. Edited articles and proofread copy prior to publication. Pitched and wrote articles about the Eugene music scene, ranging from short previews to full-length feature stories and interviews with local artists.
Emerald Media, 2013 – 2016
- Associate Editor for Arts & Culture desk at main University of Oregon student newspaper and website. www.dailyemerald.com. Edit staff writers’ copy; set and enforce deadlines; train writers in interviewing and reporting skills; coordinate work of writers, photographers, videographers, designers, and webmasters; promote newspaper through social media. Report on campus music events and Eugene music scene; review music on a weekly basis; also write longer feature articles, including cover stories.
- Winner of multiple awards in the Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association’s 2016 Collegiate Newspaper Contest, including 1st place for “Best Review” and runner-up for “Best Feature Story.”
San Francisco Magazine, Summer 2015
- Editorial intern for monthly Bay Area lifestyle magazine. Fact-checked articles; reported on concerts and other cultural events; pitched & wrote articles for magazine’s website.
San Francisco Bay Guardian, Summer 2014
- Arts & entertainment intern for Bay Area alternative weekly. Previewed and reported on concerts; reviewed albums; wrote articles; attended editorial meetings.
Other Media Experience
48 Hills, 2018 – present
- Paid freelancer for website founded by former Bay Guardian staffers that focuses on Bay Area culture and nightlife. 48hills.com. Write 800- to 1200-word articles on local events, artists, and labels.
Popmatters, 2018 – present
- Music reviewer for Metacritic-recognized online arts and culture publication. popmatters.com. Write and submit reviews through RebelMouse and promote content on social media.
Split Tooth Media, 2018 – present
- Staff writer and social media editor for arts & culture blog. splittoothmedia.com. Write 800- to 1200-word longform articles on music, mostly experimental music, as well as shorter “Picks of the Day.” Co-operate Twitter and Facebook accounts; repost articles, retweet commentary from writers; build social media following.
phluff.net, 2018 – present
- Staff writer for music blog focusing on musicians of marginalized identities (women, people of color, queer/non-binary musicians). phluff.net. Write short 350- to 500-word reviews and previews of albums and events.
Resident Advisor, 2017 – present
- Paid freelancer for Webby Award-winning Internet publication covering electronic dance music around the world. www.residentadvisor.net. Pitch events to cover, attend events, write 350- to 500-word reviews.
Pretty Much Amazing, 2016 – present
- Music reviewer for Metacritic-recognized online music publication. prettymuchamazing.com. Select new albums to review (many in pre-release stage); write 600 to 1,000-word reviews as well as shorter “Capsule” reviews; promote content on social media; contribute to feature articles and “best-of” listings.
Spectrum Culture, 2015 – present
- Music reviewer for online arts and culture publication. www.spectrumculture.com. Write weekly reviews (over 300 to date) and promote content on social media.
KWVA 88.1 FM (Eugene), 2015 – 2017
- DJ for University of Oregon campus radio station. Host weekly radio show on Friday nights. Also promote station on social media, write for blog, review albums for programming rotation shelf, and serve as DJ at campus events.
SFRebirth.Blogspot.com, 2010 – 2013
- Creator and sole proprietor of widely read blog covering the all-ages music scene in the San Francisco Bay Area. Attended hundreds of all-ages shows featuring local artists and bands; wrote album reviews, concert reviews, band profiles and interviews; maintained very active Facebook page; developed and maintained relationships with local artists, club owners and promoters.
- Under the SFRebirth banner, organized a series of three benefit rock concerts to raise funds for a school for Amerindian children in Guyana. Used connections in local music scene to sign up 3-4 bands per show and recruit volunteers for ticket sales, set up/break down, food and beverage sales, and security. Promoted concerts through Facebook and SF Rebirth website; acted as MC for all three events.
Boudin Bakery, Summers 2014 & 2015
- Food prep and food service at San Francisco sourdough institution, including at flagship location at Fisherman’s Wharf.
Children’s Creativity Museum, San Francisco, Summer 2013
- Education Intern. Helped design and conduct activities for schoolchildren and their parents, including GarageBand music-production workshop.
Blue Bear School of Music, San Francisco, Summer 2011
- Keyboard instructor at band camp for 8-12 year-olds.
- Meeting deadlines
- Audio & video editing
- Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Word, Pages, Excel, InDesign, WordPress, Camayak, RebelMouse, Logic Pro
- Social media (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram)
- French speaker
- Musician – performance (keyboards, vocals) and digital music production
- Organizing and booking concerts, including fundraisers